2018 has come to a close and another year is in full swing! Hello, 2019! Even though it is just a change in numbers, the significance of a fresh start comes to mind for many…especially me! A new year to tackle goals both short-term and long-term, fulfill visions, and, most importantly, enjoy the process! As I look into the year ahead full of optimism and excitement, I also take with me several some valuable life lessons that I’ve learned over my 23 years – specifically, this past year. These experiences molded me, both good and bad. Here are a few notes to myself. Hopefully you can find wisdom and power behind these words as well!
- Time is more valuable than money– you can get more money but you can never get more time!
- Time flies but the good news is that you’re the pilot. Don’t waste time living someone else’s dream or life. Live yours!
- Don’t be complacent –live up to your potential!
- Find the silver lining– beauty can be found in dark and ugly places.
- “Wherever God plants you, he plants you to make a difference.”
- “…the truth will set you free.”
- Follow through with your intentions and commitments.
- Treasure love from those around you- family, friends, workplace.
- Take care of all- Physical, Mental, and Emotional Well-being.
- Beauty and self-fulfillment come from within, not from external things or other people.
- Keep things simple and celebrate the small victories.
- Do not dwell on how the role of events played out or what the circumstances are, take everything as a learning experience and move forward!
- If you think you have it tough, there is someone experiencing hardships way worse than you!
- Embrace uncertainty and enjoy the beauty of becoming!
- Do not spend time thinking or caring about a person that wouldn’t give you the same amount of thoughts or care in return.
- God is never too early and never too late.
- In life there is a role for everyone you meet. Some will test you, some will use you, some will love you, and some will teach you. But the truly important ones, are those who bring out the best in you!
- Mistakes are the portals of discovery!
- No amount of physical beauty will ever be as valuable as a beautiful heart.
- If you don’t go after what you want and never take action, you will never have it.
2018 was most definitely a year of growth and learning! I am so grateful to have experienced life in so many ways through business, personal relationships, and travel! I learned a lot working in the family business and look forward to another amazing year of hard work. By stepping out of my comfort zone often and venturing into new areas of work and relationships, I definitely gained several notable friends but I also had to distance myself away from others. I had the chance to experience many events that only some could dream of! I cannot wait to see what 2019 brings! Wishing you all a year of happiness, fulfillment, growth, and health!
THis is Teri Daugherty from around the corner at THE MEADOWS. I am Brittany’s mom. Just checked out your message. Loved it, loved it. Go make a difference. You are blessed to have many opportunities to do so and I think you are the kind of gal that will. Britt always has so many nice things to say about your character. I don’t hear that about a lot of her friends. Just wanted you to know, you are making a difference. Best wishes in this new year. Teri